Another Great Saturday

Monday, March 8, 2010

We got to experiencing God together with some of our dear friends last Saturday.
It was our turn again to volunteer to cook & serve at the homeless shelter. Michella and her troops joyfully agreed to babysit Max. She even kindly cleaned up her place before the arrival of of my blessed little boy. Max was having a ball at Michella place, being spoiled and taken care by so many loving aunties.

Some of us did Christmas Carol lead by Otis last December. The coordinator of the shelter then commented that the music improved the mood/vibe around the dining table and then he went on to say that we are always welcome to sing there. So we decided to sing some hymns and new Christian songs this time since we have enough people. It's amazing to see the body of Christ work together in love and unity. I feel like experiencing what Paul wrote in Romans 12:4-8. The cooking part was done in less than 1 hour, which leave us enough time to practice singing and pray before the people come to get their food.



This was my first time join in the singing team. I wasn't sure what to expect. It is a public shelter not a Christian one. What if we offend some people? As I sing... *in small soft voice in the beginning* I close eyes praying and imagining "God, what if some of them despised us so much that they begin throwing something at us?" As we continue to sing I felt God's peace and sing louder. What a great privilege it is to be able to be apart of God's work.

Some people left immediately after they're done eating, while others take their time to enjoy the music and sing along. A few even stay until it's time to clean up then thanking us for coming and singing. Chris got chance to talk with some of the residents. It's heartbreaking to learn how drug, addiction, and sin destroy people and family lives. A reminder for ourselves to remain in the Lord and His Words.

Fonda also wrote about the experience in her blog. I trust you'll be blessed by her writing.

5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:5, 8


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS